Thursday 10 September 2009

Welcome to my Blog

This is all completely new to me.

My first blog and i m blogging my way through all the various stages.

I will introduce myself:

My name is Rana J Rodger. Initially Jenni Rodger from Smarden in Kent England.

I changed my name to Rana about 18 years ago, but that is another story.

I am an artist/singer/songwriter.

You can see some of my work if you go to my website:

www.ranapix.co.uk.

The picture that you see on the front page was taken in Andalucia S Spain where I built my studio earlier this year.
The studio is built of wood and arrived in two flat packs at the top of the dirt track the same day as those raging winds that tore through Southern France and Spain began at almost hurricane level and lasted for over a week.
I managed to get all pieces of my studio and house -to -be loaded into my VW van and down the long steep winding track to the location and anchor it all down just intime before the raging winds set in.

The building took a few months to put up...........the electricity from solar panels and the water from the spring way up in the baranco and arrived to my house by means of plastic tubing joined together by pieces of inner bicycle tube and hollow cana.

I m going to pause now as i have some breakfast but will try and work out how to send photos of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment